This course provides an introduction to remote sensing – the acquisition of information about the earth from a distance, typically via airborne and spaceborne sensors. The abundance of earth observation data allows us to address many pressing environmental, geographical, and geological issues. This course will prepare the participants for the basics of using remote sensing data.
What you will learn
- the basic concepts, terminology, and theories in remote sensing science and application.
- the physical principles of remote sensing, including electromagnetic (EM) radiation concepts.
- will explore in detail the interaction of EM radiation with the atmosphere, water, vegetation, minerals, and other land types from a remote sensing perspective.
- will go over various industries where remote sensing can be used including agriculture, geology, mining, hydrology, forestry, environmental, and many more!
- will also learn about current satellite sensor platforms for remote sensing analysis including passive sensors, synthetic aperture radar, and LiDAR.
- will also learn the accurate steps for pre-processing images including radiometric and atmospheric correction techniques.
- how to interpret spectral characteristics from different materials and how to create their own basic equation for using remote sensing images on their own projects in the future.
- Geospatial data access and software
Classroom Training Calendar 2023
|START DATE||END DATE||REGISTRATION DEADLINE DATE.||COURSE COST|
|Click to Apply.|
|Aug 28, 2023||Sept 1, 2023||Aug 24, 2023||USD 980||Register|
|Oct 30, 2023||Nov 3, 2023||Oct 26, 2023||USD 980||Register|
|Jan 1, 2024||Jan 5, 2024||Dec 28, 2023||USD 980||Register|
Online Training Calendar 2023
|START DATE||END DATE||REGISTRATION |
|Click to Apply.|
|May 15, 2023||May 19, 2023||May 12, 2023||USD 350||Register|
|June 26, 2023||June 30, 2023||June 23, 2023||USD 350||Register|
|July 31, 2023||Aug 4, 2023||July 28, 2023||USD 350||Register|
|Oct 30, 2023||Nov 3, 2023||Oct 27, 2023||USD 350||Register|
|Dec 18, 2023||Dec 22, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||USD 350||Register|
WE OFFER 10% – 20% DISCOUNT TO GROUPS OF MORE THAN 5 PARTICIPANTS.
Introduction to Remote Sensing
- Basic Remote Sensing and Jargon.
- Overview of existing satellites (e.g., Landsat and Sentinel).
- Future and development of remote sensing.
- Hyperspectral Data Analysis (Overview).
- Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI)
Image Classification (Practical)
- Data exploration and pre-processing.
- Collecting training samples.
- Evaluating training samples.
- Editing classes.
- Creating the signature file
- Clustering (unsupervised classification).
- Supervised Classification
- Examining the signature file
- Editing the signature file.
- Applying classification.
- Post-classification processing
Newbies, Project Managers, Planners, Land officers and Surveyors, M & E Experts, Public health, Program Manager, Students, Engineers, Teachers, GIS and Remote Sensing Enthusiasts
Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing.
QGIS ,ArcGIS, SAGA , Erdas
Upon completion of the course all the participants will be awarded a certificate at no extra cost.