Gender mainstreaming is a strategy to improve the quality of public policies, programmes and projects, ensuring a more efficient allocation of resources. Better results mean increased well-being for both women and men, and the creation of a more socially just and sustainable society. Gender studies focuses on the ways gender identity and sexual orientation shape behaviors and feelings, and it investigates power dynamics that relate to sex. This field includes men’s studies, women’s studies and queer studies, and occasionally addresses widespread social concerns such as domestic violence.
The training provides participants with information and skills to plan and develop gender responsive programmes and to mainstream gender in their programmes.
• We will start by definition of terms and jargons in gender, what is meant by mainstreaming and an incisive introduction to gender and the historical background.
• What is the starting point of gender mainstreaming: policies, programs and projects, people, and enabling mechanisms?
• Focus on the Challenges of gender mainstreaming
• Factors influencing gender mainstreaming
• The principles of gender mainstreaming
• Roles and responsibilities in Gender Mainstreaming. Who is responsible for gender mainstreaming?
• Implementation of gender mainstreaming in an organisation
• What are gender strategies? We will outline the vision for combatting gender inequality in an organisation and holds the organisation accountable by setting measurable objectives for progress.
• Effectiveness of gender mainstreaming
• Gender as an important consideration in development
• Gender planning, Budget and Audit
• Gender Analysis, Frameworks and tools
• Challenges of Gender Mainstreaming
• Gender mainstreaming in public policies
Classroom Training Calendar 2023
|START DATE||END DATE||REGISTRATION DEADLINE||COURSE COST|
|Click to Apply.|
|May 29, 2023||June 2, 2023||May 26, 2023||USD 980||Register|
|Aug 7, 2023||Aug 11, 2023||Aug 4, 2023||USD 980||Register|
|Oct 9, 2023||Oct 13, 2023||Oct 6, 2023||USD 980||Register|
|Dec 4, 2023||Dec 8, 2023||Dec 1, 2023||USD 980||Register|
Online Training Calendar 2023
|START DATE||END DATE||REGISTRATION |
|Click to Apply.|
|May 15, 2023||May 19, 2023||May 12, 2023||USD 350||Register|
|July 24, 2023||July 28, 2023||July 21, 2023||USD 350||Register|
|Sept 18, 2023||Sept 22, 2023||Sept 15, 2023||USD 350||Register|
|Nov 13, 2023||Nov 17, 2023||Nov 10, 2023||USD 350||Register|
What you will learn
• Causes of Gender Inequalities
• The principles of gender main streaming
• Women and Men Empowerment
• Gender and Sexuality: Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
• Methods to understand and analyze how identity shapes our experiences in culture and in the workplace
This course is designed for women and men in governments, donor agencies and NGOs, non-profits, students, as well as individual consultants and trainers, who have the responsibility of mainstreaming gender in development organisations and in national policy processes.
Upon successful completion of the course, all participants will be issued a certificate of completion at no extra cost.
We can also do this as a tailor-made course to meet organizational-specific needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE OFFER 10% – 20% DISCOUNT TO GROUPS OF MORE THAN 5 PARTICIPANTS.